DGAA recently took over the Drum fishery near Dalswinton. This is a 7 acre loch stocked with Rainbow Trout. Fish are stocked around the 2.5 – 3lb size but the loch also holds many grown on fish from previous years including Tiger and Brown trout. Rainbows up to 10lb have been caught.
The loch has undergone many improvements including the addition of a flushing W.C. a new sheltered seated area and picnic bench. The committee carry out a lot of maintenance on the Loch each year removing weed from the loch, repairing walkways and strimming. The committee give up vast amounts of their time to keep it looking as it is.
Tickets can be purchased at McMillans tackle shop, in Friars vennel, Dumfries. Friars Carse Hotel also sell tickets.
8Hrs 1 fish retained £15 Adult £10 Junior / Concession
8Hrs 2 fish retained £20 Adult £15 Junior / Concession
8Hrs 3 fish retained £25 Adult £20 Junior / Concession
4Hrs 1 fish retained £10 Adult £6 Junior / Concession
4Hrs 2 fish retained £15 Adult £10 Junior / Concession
1 Adult and 1 Junior purchased together:
8hrs 2 Fish retained £25
4Hrs 2 Fish retained £15
Group bookings and Competitions are welcome and discounts can often be arranged.
Tickets are available from: Friars Carse Hotel, McMillans Tackle shop and Reel Em in.
1. All persons visiting or fishing do so at their own risk. We accept no liability for loss or injury.
2. All anglers must enter their name in the sign-in book prior to fishing. The book must be kept in the hut at all times.
3. Only Fly fishing is allowed.
4. Barbless or crushed barb hooks must be used at all times. Only conventional single hook flies can be used.
5. All Tiger and Brown trout must be returned.
6. All Rainbows over 6lb must be returned.
7. Only 1 rod can be used at any time. No pegging of reels to the bank at any time.
8. No Boobies or Egg flies
9. All litter and discarded monofilament must be removed from the loch or put into the litter bins provided.
10. Children must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
11. Wading is not permitted at any time other than to help return a fish safely.
12. Any fish being returned must be handled with wet hands within the landing net and preferably without being put onto the banking.
13. The management reserve the right to expel or refuse any person admission as and where they deem necessary.
14. All anglers are required to behave in a polite and courtrious manner at all times when visiting the loch.
15. All anglers must produce their fishing ticket to anyone if asked.
16. The use of Boats or Float Tubes is prohibited.
If you have any reports of fish being caught on our river beats or on the Drum loch please send them to email@example.com. We only need your name, some details of the fish, and where and when it was caught. We will not publish your name, only details of your catch.
Please note that we only hear of a fraction of the fish being caught on our water. If we do not hear the report first hand we will not pubish information about it.
Its a new year a new season, The Drum has been stocked with some fresh trout and is in pretty good shape. If you fancy a throw get yourself a ticket. We offer good prices and combined tickets for Adults and Children combined.